Friday, April 24, 2015

VIVEK HALLEGERE MURTHY-
19th SURGEON GENERAL OF 
THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

The Surgeon General's Top 4 
Rules for Good health  which he 
he practices. He says,

1."One is to eat Healthy. I tend 
to avoid salt, added sugars & processed foods 
whenever possible,and try to eat fresh fruits 
& vegetables as part of all my meals
whenever possible".
2."Second is to stay physically active.That 
means not just going to Gym but
incorporating  activity into whatever I do,
whether taking the stairs or converting sitting meetings to walking meetings whenever possible".
3.Third is "making sure I am focusing on my emotional & mental well being.For me
an important part of that is the meditation practice that I do every morning.It is a
chance for me to center myself, a chance for me to remember ,who I want to be
every day".
4.The fourth thing is ' to remind myself to stay away from toxic substances like
tobacco & drugs".

The country is proud that  Dr.Vivek Murthy, that  at the age of 37 became the Surgeon
General of USA and in charge of US's public health.His gesture of taking oath on Gita
should also make Indians proud as he has not forgotten his roots.

No comments:

Post a Comment